EDTECH 554: Managing Technology Integration in Schools (Spring 2013: A+)
WELCOME TO Managing Technology Integration in Schools
Explores strategies for planning and implementing technology integration on an organizational level and examines larger scale professional development models. Develops skills for taking a leadership role in district technology use planning, implementation and assessment.
Instructor: Dr. Elisabeth Silver
Boise State University
Course Syllabus: Syllabus Spring-13-1
Course Goals and Objectives:
Students will learn and demonstrate the understanding of leadership roles that guide the implementation of technology into the K-12 learning environment. Students will understand the role of leadership in developing a shared vision for integrating technology into the learning, evaluate and examine a district technology plan, design a professional development activity, and communicate recent research based assessment and evaluation strategies for meeting technology competencies.
By the end of the semester students will:
* Examine the leadership role of the technology director
* Analyze, evaluate and become familiar with a district’s technology plan by articulating the vision, goals and objectives.
* Develop the skills and knowledge to support data-driven decision making to improve instruction
* Recognize and discuss issues regarding digital equity in the classroom
* Collaboratively construct a software rubric
* Plan and design a staff development workshop that encourages teachers to integrate technology into the classroom to improve student learning.
Title: The Technology Director’s Guide To Leadership: The Power of Great Questions
by Don Hall
Week 1: January 22-27, 2013
1.1 Overview: EDTECH 554-4172 : 4173 (SP13): 1.1 Overview
1.2 My Assignment: GingerHunt554intro
1.3 Forum: edtech554-1.3 Forum
1.4 Forum: edtech554forum1.4video
1.4 Forum Question:
1.4 Forum Response:
Week 2: January 28-Feb. 3 2013
2.1 Overview: EDTECH 554-4172 : 4173 (SP13): Session Two
2.2 Forum: 2.2 Forum – Chapter 1-2
2.3 Building Better Leaders Forum: 2.3 Building Better Leaders
Article: Building Better Leaders