(Summer 2012: A+)
EDTECH 512 Welcome Letter: Welcome email Summer ’13
EDTECH 512 Syllabus: EDTECH 512 Syllabus Summer 2013
EDTECH 512 Course Description:
This course emphasizes an instructional design approach to the development of online courses that are engaging and effective, and in alignment with standards and best practice as identified by research. Course participants will create a fully-developed online course customized for use in their own instructional setting. Participants are guided through the process of conducting needs assessments, defining course goals and objectives, designing instructional lesson plans, activities and materials, and assessments. Consideration is given to various models of online delivery, content organization and presentation, and graphic design principles.
EDTECH 512 Course Goals:
The following are the goals for EdTech 512: Online Course Design:
- Identify learning theories and best practices as identified by research that support current approaches to effective online course design.
- Identify five phases of web-based instructional design (WBID) model.
- Apply five phases of web-based instructional design by creating an online course site consisting of a syllabus, a minimum of five modules, integrated learning activities and assessments, and implementation ready.
- Identify principles of visual literacy.
- Apply graphic design concepts and principles, and concepts of perception, in all materials design.